The ABC Radio has opened its 2016 internship program, with places available across its local radio, RN, triple j and Double J, ABC News Radio and ABC Classic FM stations and with RN Online. Applications close August 21.
Approximately 30 internships are available in total in 702 ABC Sydney, 666 ABC Canberra and ABC Regional stations (in Orange, Dubbo, Tamworth, Lismore, Port Macquarie, Newcastle, Gosford, Bega and Wagga Wagga), along with the Sydney-based offices for RN programs (including Life Matters, Arts and Culture, Science and online, Religion and Ethics) and RN Online, triple j, Double J, ABC News Radio and ABC Classic FM.
Applicants should fill in this Google form for internship applications, and email their CV and a covering letter explaining why they are the best applicant for the internship, to email@example.com
- The internships would run in 2nd semester covering some of the period Wed 7 Sept – Sunday 4 Dec 2016
- Students would either work at least one day a week Sept-Nov or for most of the month of November
- The internship would be open to enrolled final-year students from AFTRS, Charles Sturt University, Macquarie University, Southern Cross University, University of Canberra, University of Newcastle, University of New England, University of NSW, University of Sydney, University of Wollongong and Western Sydney University.
- Students would need to be in their 3rd year or later year (or final year) of studies with some media-related units. This could include students studying courses in communications/media/journalism etc but also includes those who are studying some media units in a main degree focussing on music/science/law/religion/theatre etc at the participating universities.
- Students must enrol in a work placement unit to qualify.
- Applications will be accepted until 11.55pm on Sunday 21 August, 2016
- Successful applicants will be notified by Wed 31 August 2016
For enquiries by SCU students, email firstname.lastname@example.org.